WHY STUDY IN UK?
UK universities present internationally recognized qualifications of the highest
standard. They also offer more opportunities than ever before: there are currently
over 55,000 postgraduate taught courses and research opportunities to desire from
on the Prospects database alone.
The degrees and qualifications from UK higher education institutions are recognized
around the globe as high quality and world class. The standard of superiority is
set by several of the older universities with recognizable names, like Oxford and
Cambridge, but the tradition carries through to many of the universities and colleges
throughout the UK. When looking for work in the future, this can be a enormous selling
point in your favour.
Benefit of Study in the UK
- UK qualifications are recognized and respected all over the world.
- The international alumni from UK institutions include many leading politicians,
thinkers and business people.
- Employers want employees who can think effectively, creatively and independently.
- UK has one of the lowest dropout rates.
- Its quality is unrivaled throughout the world.
- Vast choice of institutions, academics and subjects.
Cost Of Living and Tuition fee in the U.K
In order to study in the UK you will have to look at
tuition and living costs for your stay. Use our guide to help you calculate your UK
- Estimated living expenses per year - Â£7,000-Â£9,000
- Tuition fees per year range from Â£7000 to Â£9,000 for Arts courses and Â£7500 to
Â£12,000 for Science courses
- Course duration ranges from 3 to 4 years for UK undergraduate courses and 1 year
or more for UK postgraduate courses
- Our useful tool can help you to calculate your study abroad costsÂ Â Â
Pre-Departure General Checklist for Students Going to
The first thing that any study abroad student needs to do before leaving his or
her homeland is to prepare a Pre-departure checklist. It will help you to remember
everything and not forget anything that you might require in going to, during your
prolonged stay or coming back from the foreign country. Your checklist should include:
Documents that you may require on your journey - You will
need required documents to prove that you have adequate money to pay your
fees and support yourself while studying such as recent bank statements, proof of scholarships or
any other financial support that you are eligible to get for your studies abroad
program and letter of financial support from family members. Other papers that are
- Address and telephone numbers of your final destination,
- Insurance documents,
- A valid passport that will not expire during your stay in the country abroad, and
- Letter of acceptance from your institute of study.
Other preparations - You will have to arrange for the required
money to go and settle down well in the respective country and submit all the forms
that are required by your college or school or university. Accommodation
forms are especially considered very important to submit. Other things you need
to do are:
Visa Check List
- Obtain a letter of explanation from your doctor and an ample supply of the medication
if you are currently using medication of any kind.
- Get the medical insurance.
- Make sure you know exactly when and where you are supposed to arrive at your place
- Do not forget to have your student's identification card.
- Have at least three passport-size photographs with you.
- Label your entire luggage with your name and address.
- Make a list of what you have packed in each item of your main luggage, in case you
need to make an insurance claim.
- Ensure that you are not carrying any of the 'prohibited and restricted goods' with
your luggage such as steroids, firearms, weapons and any kind of illicit drugs.Finally
make a list of various queries you need to make regarding Housing, Communication
and other important factors that you need to know about to make your study trip
a perfect and problem-free one.
- Minimum age criteria for the Students coming to the U.K for their post study education
under Tier 4(General) are 16 yrs.
- Your Passport or Travel document.
- Correct Visa fee (i.e. 11600 INR under Tier 4(G)) Subject to change.
- Two recent identical passport-size photographs. (Check guidance)
- Visa Letter/Confirmation for Acceptance of studies (CAS) Under Tier 4, an applicant
must have a Visa Letter issued by a licensed sponsor (approved education provider)
before making an application.
- Filled application form (PBS VAF9 Appendix 8: Tier 4 General student)
- Statement of Purpose, academic certificate, work experience certificate, IELTS score
- Evidence of liquid funds, evidence of Income.
- Official financial sponsorship or Government sponsor
- Document showing financial support for the tuition fee and expenses.